Our Silence is Making Some Pretty Big Noise
Minimize nuisance alarms and business disruptions with the new Optica smoke detector
Introducing the Signature Optica smoke detector from Edwards™, part of a next-generation detection system engineered for modern materials and environments. Already certified to UL 268 requirements, Optica's state-of-the-art sensor technology differentiates between burning food, steam or multiple types of fires, and responds appropriately. Delivering smart detection that alarms faster and more accurately than ever before, Optica sets the standard for intelligent response to today's threats.
The new Signature Optica smoke detectors bring advanced optical sensing technology to a practical design that increases efficiency, saves installation time, cuts costs, and extends life safety and property protection capabilities. Continuous self-diagnostics ensure reliability over the long-haul, while environmental compensation helps reduce maintenance costs. Edwards Optica detectors were the first to receive certification to the UL standard for Fire Alarm Systems UL 268, 7th edition, set to take effect in June, 2021.
New Optica detectors provides the best of all worlds with comprehensive life safety monitoring. The combination of optical smoke detection with rate-of-rise heat sensing technology provides efficient identification of smoldering fires, as well as fast flaming fires. With the added element of CO monitoring, this detector pulls double duty: continually monitoring the environment for signs of fire, as well as it's invisible yet deadly companion — carbon monoxide.
- Meets UL 268 7th edition certification with only one photo optic sensing element
- Patent pending multi-criteria optical smoke sensing technology
- Integrated nuisance rejection reducing unwanted alarms from general cooking particulates and other nuisance sources
- Backwards compatible with existing Signature detector bases and Edwards control panels
- Combination models integrate advanced smoke with rate-of-rise heat sensing and life safety carbon monoxide detection
- Sensor markings provide easy testing identification
- Automatic device mapping
- Up To 250 Total Signature Addresses Per Loop
- Two levels of environmental compensation
- Two levels of dirty detector warning
- Twenty pre-alarm settings
- Five sensitivity settings
- Non-volatile memory
- Electronic addressing
- Automatic day/night sensitivity adjustment
- Bicolor (green/red) status LED
- Standard, relay, fault isolator, and audible mounting bases
Need to dive deeper?
LifeLines offers a wealth of product literature. Browse literature.
There you can access literature as well as exclusive life safety related tools and resources...or Contact Us
In The News
- July 16, 2020
- Genesis G4 Speakers and Speakers-strobes now available
- April 30, 2020
- 2020 CARES Act – Tax benefits now available
- April 30, 2020
- EST4 new features Available Now
- April 3, 2020
- Carrier Becomes Independent, Publicly Traded
- September 5, 2019
- EST4 shipping now
- August 22, 2019
- Industry insiders recommend early adoption of new UL 268 standards
- June 17, 2019
- Edwards launches EST4 at NFPA